How to Add or Remove the Job Seeker Badge on LinkedIn
Want to show recruiters that you’re open to work? Here is how to enable or remove the job seeker badge on LinkedIn.
If you’re a fresher looking for a job or an experienced professional who wants to switch careers, LinkedIn can be a resourceful way to find one. Numerous organizations use LinkedIn to recruit new members in their workforce.
You can let the recruiters know that you’re actively looking for a job with this badge.
What Is the LinkedIn Job Seeker Badge?
Being the most popular social platform for professional networking, LinkedIn attracts millions of professionals. You can easily connect to the recruiters here to land your dream job.
You get an #OpenToWork badge on your LinkedIn profile photo by enabling this badge. As a result, hiring professionals can easily know that you’re actively searching for a job.
In the following sections, you’ll know how to enable/disable this feature to add the badge to your profile or remove it.
How to Enable the #OpenToWork Badge on LinkedIn
You can add the #OpenToWork badge to your LinkedIn profile using these steps:
- Open LinkedIn feed and click on the Me icon (your mini photo) located at the top panel.
- Click on the View Profile button. Once your profile page is open. Click on the Open to button to get multiple options from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Finding a new job option.
- A pop-up window will appear where you need to add job preferences such as Job Title, Job Location, Job Type, and Joining Date.
- To add the #OpenToWork badge to your profile picture, click on Choose who sees you’re open menu and select All LinkedIn members. Remember that by enabling this feature, recruiters and employees of your current company will know that you’re actively searching for a job.
- Finally, click on Add to profile to save changes.
Even if you’re accessing LinkedIn from an Android or iOS device, the same steps should get the job done for you.
How to Disable LinkedIn Job Search Badge
Once you get the job or don’t want to continue your job search, you can also remove the badge by following these steps:
- Click on the Me icon in the LinkedIn feed and click on View Profile.
- On your profile, there will be a box containing Open to work preferences under the Open to button.
- Click on the Edit (pen icon) option, and the preferences window will open.
- Click on the Delete from profile option to remove the badge.
- Click on Save to save your latest changes. It’ll successfully remove the job seeker badge from your profile.
You can enable the feature anytime in the future if you want to. However, LinkedIn won’t save your job-seeking preferences once you delete it, and you have to add all of your choices again.
Hiding Job Search Efforts
Sometimes, you may not want your existing colleagues or employer to know that you’re looking for a job switch. In that situation, you can restrict the recruiter and employees from the current company from seeing your #OpenToWork badge.
However, LinkedIn doesn’t guarantee complete privacy. While enabling the badge feature for your LinkedIn, select Recruiters only for the Choose who sees you’re open option. It’ll show your badge only to the recruiters, except the hiring executives from your current company.
It’ll also make sure there is no #OpenToWork photo frame added to your profile photo.
Find Your Dream Job With LinkedIn
The LinkedIn #OpenToWork badge is an effortless way to let recruiters know that you’re looking for a job. Now that you know how to enable or disable this badge feature, you can add and remove it as your needs.
Besides this job seeker badge, you can also use LinkedIn InMail to get attention from hiring executives.
Are you looking for ways to build your professional network and improve your communication? Here’s how LinkedIn InMail can help.
About The Author