How to Clear Your Browsing Data in Google Chrome: 2 Simple Ways
If you’re looking to clear your browsing data in Google Chrome, there are two simple ways to do so. Here’s what you need to know.
Did you know that you have more control over the data that websites store on you than ever before? Google Chrome is packed with privacy tools—like allowing you to delete all the data a website stores on you, unlike before, where you could only delete individual website cookies.
This article will show you how to delete your data on Google Chrome through two methods—Chrome Actions and Settings. Keep reading to find out how to delete your data using both methods.
How to Clear Browsing Data With Chrome Actions
The first way you can clear your browsing data is through the shortcut, Chrome Actions. Here’s how:
- Type Clear browsing data in the address bar of your browser.
- Click the Chrome Actions button that appears as a suggestion. This will take you to Settings.
- In the dialogue box, choose the Time range and type of data you’d like to delete by either checking or unchecking the boxes of the options provided.
- Then, click Clear data.
That’s it, your data will now have been cleared from Chrome.
How to Clear Browsing Data Through Chrome’s Settings
You can also decide to clear your browsing data directly through Chrome Settings. Follow the steps below to get started.
- In Chrome, select the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen. This will open the Chrome menu.
- Scroll down and click on More tools, and then Clear browsing data.
- In the clear browsing data dialogue box, select the Time range and type of data you’d like to delete by either checking or unchecking the boxes of the options provided.
- Now click Clear data to delete the information you’ve selected.
Your data will now be deleted from Chrome.
You can follow the same steps every time you want to clear your browsing data from Chrome.
How Often Should You Clear Your Browsing Data?
There is no rule book on how often you should clear your browsing data. You can choose to clear your browsing data after you leave a website, at the end of the day, or on a weekly basis. It all depends on your preference and on how often you browse the internet.
For instance, if you don’t browse the internet in a day, there will be nothing to clear for that day, so you can opt to clear your data from the last seven days instead.
Any minimalists out there appreciate design simplicity. For those wanting to bring this online, here are twelve of the best minimalist Chrome themes.
About The Author