How to Send Links From Your Android Phone to a Windows PC
Got a link on your Android phone that you want to open on Windows? Here’s how to share links with your PC quickly and easily.
While phones are handy for their portability, they don’t offer a well-rounded experience for doing everything. For instance, if you want to read that lengthy column from your favorite online magazine, you may want to do it from your PC.
Sharing links to your Windows PC helps you jump right in without all the hassles of copying and pasting the link to your digital notebook or emailing yourself the link. Here’s a quick and easy way of sending links from your Android phone to a Windows PC.
How to Send a URL From Android to Windows
To share a link from your Android phone to your Windows PC, you need to link both devices first. But before we start, ensure your phone runs Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later, and your Windows PC has at least the Windows 10 May 2019 Update.
So first, update your Android phone or PC if necessary. In addition, your phone and PC should be connected to the same Wi-Fi for this method to work.
Follow these steps to set up your phone and Windows PC ready for link sharing:
- Download and install the Your Phone Companion app on your Windows PC.
- Launch the app, select Get Started, and sign in using your Microsoft account. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, create one. The app will take you to a screen to pair your Android phone.
- Select the checkbox next to I have the Your Phone Companion – Link to Windows app ready. Click Pair with QR code (You can also select Pair manually, but that’s a little bit tedious.). The app will generate a unique QR code.
- Next, install Microsoft’s Your Phone Companion app from the Google Play Store on your Android phone. Launch the app and tap Link your phone and PC.
- Tap Continue and point the QR code scanner to the code displayed by the app on your Windows PC.
After scanning, tap Continue on your device and grant the app all the necessary permissions. You should also allow the app to run in the background. Tap Done to finish on your phone. On your PC, tap Continue to finish.
How to Share a Link
Now that your devices are linked, you can share a link from your phone to your PC via the following steps:
- Open the link you want to share in a browser on your phone. We’ll use Google Chrome in this example.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top right and select Share.
- Select Your Phone Companion from the share menu. If you can’t see Your Phone companion from the app list, tap More.
- Your Phone Companion app will display a pop-up with the list of connected PCs. Select your PC name to send the link.
The link will open instantly in your default browser if your PC is on. Otherwise, you’ll be notified when you power on the PC.
Easily Share Links From Android to Windows PC
Sharing links from one of your devices to another shouldn’t be a tough undertaking. The process is very simple for Android and Windows PCs, and the link opens directly in your default browser. It can’t get easier than that.
Hopefully, you’re now able to share links to your Windows PC instantly using the steps above.
Want to learn how to transfer files between Android and Windows? Here are seven easy methods for moving data between devices.
About The Author